Local Jobs in Herts, Beds, Bucks and Cambs
Chef de Partie
Insight Employment are recruiting for a Chef de Partie on behalf of our client in Cranfield, Bedford for an immediate start.
The Role: -
As a Chef de Partie your role is to be in charge of a particular area of production in a restaurant. You will be responsible for preparing, cooking and presenting dishes, training and mentoring junior chefs, and following health and safety procedures.
Duties may include: -
- Preparing ingredients and mise en place for their section
- Cooking and plating dishes according to recipes and standards
- Checking the quality and freshness of the food and ingredients
- Managing the stock and inventory of their section
- Ensuring the cleanliness and hygiene of their section and equipment
- Supervising, training and coaching their assistants or commis chefs
- Communicating and coordinating with other chefs and staff
- Following the instructions and guidelines of the sous chef or head chef
- Creating new dishes and menus with the sous chef or head chef
- Handling customer feedback and complaints
A chef de partie needs to have the following skills and qualifications: -
- Culinary skills and knowledge of various cuisines and cooking techniques
- Creativity and passion for food and cooking
- Attention to detail and presentation
- Time management and multitasking
- Teamwork and communication
- Leadership and delegation
- Problem-solving and decision-making
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Customer service and customer satisfaction
- Health and safety awareness and compliance
14:00 – 22:00
£13.00 per hour
If you are interested in this position, please email an up-to-date CV.
Unfortunately, due to the high number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. If you do not hear back from us within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will however retain your details on file and may contact you should another suitable vacancy arise.
Counterbalance & Reach FLT Driver
Insight Employment are seeking a Counterbalance & Reach FLT Driver for a local client of ours in Tongwell.
Job Purpose: -
As a Counterbalance & Reach FLT Driver you will be working in the warehouse moving goods around along with other warehouse duties.
- Previous Counterbalance & Reach experience
- Must have a in date accredited Counterbalance & Reach licence
- Ability to work individually or as part of a team
- Must have good attention to detail and takes pride in their work
- Punctual & reliable
Shift & Hours: -
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday - 12 hour shift
06:00 - 18:00
£11.50 per hour
Apply immediately by sending your cv.
Unfortunately due to the high number of responses we receive it is not always possible to respond to every application. If you do not hear back from us within 7 days, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. We will however retain your details on file and may contact you should another suitable vacancy arise.